#1 MarcsGirl

MarcsGirl

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hello all,

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll start here. I want to cosplay as Agnes from the new fantasy RPG called Bravely Default. I have more or less an idea of what I want to do in the way of creating her outfit. However, there is one thing I would like a more experienced cosplayer to advise on. In the screenshots and extra pictures on the internet, it shows her boots to be knee-high (just below the kneecaps) leathery boots with little black pom poms tied in front. I can do the pom poms myself and I have no problem with knee-high/thigh-high boots. My problem is the heel. I'm not very comfortable with too high heels and hers are a bit too high for me. So my question is this:

Should I suck it up and stick with the heel height that the character wears?

-or-

Should I try to find a heel that's more my style, even though the cosplay may look off as a result?

And also, her boots are shiny. Should I use leather, pleather, or some other type of shiny boot material that will give off the same look as the character?

I ask this because my friends and I were a bit put off last year by our first attempt at creating our own cosplays. We all thought we did pretty well for beginners, except for one (our friend is a bit sensitive and she burst into tears when she felt how much "better" the more experienced cosplay makers' costumes came out compared to hers). However, this year we are planning on skipping AX14, using the entire year to trial-and-error our cosplays, and then return with our finished projects in AX15.

Sorry for the long rant and thank you for any input.

Agnes-Bravely-Default-Figure.jpg

[b]COSPLAYS FOR AX2015 (Days Unknown)
Agnes from Bravely Default (In Progress)
Pokemon Gijinka Glaceon (In progress)

Lolita (COMPLETE)
Shinra from They Are My Noble Masters (IN PROGRESS)/b]

#2 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I guess it all depends how much you want to look just like the character.

Honestly since it is from a rpg game.Not a whole lot of people will recognize it. I still have a hard time IDing cosplays other mmo games like league of legends or WoW

That being said not a lot of people will focus on your footwear. If your 80 or 90% near the look, hardly anyone will notice.

But if it was me I'll go with a heal that is comfortable walking all day. And I'll go with pleather since it's really shiny and cheap.

Sucks that you can't make it this year but I wouldn't miss out AX because of cosplay, but if you feel that you must then I wish you luck.
Not your typical anime junkie.
my MAL http://myanimelist.n...list/echoshadow

#3 superange

superange

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

I'd say Bravely Default characters are definitely more likely to stick out than LoL or WoW characters to anime fans.

As long as you get the dress down and the hair is close enough I'd say you'd be pretty recognizable. Agnes' dress sticks out pretty well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users