19 replies to this topic

#1 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

was curious if anyone from the central valley/bay area or where ever would be down to do a meet up in san francisco or monteray or santa cruz?

just wanted to see if there was any interest in doing this before i commit to anything. but post some ideas or thoughts. thx
"most infamous" for the 2011 Forum M&G
Posted Image
AX BFC Member
R.I.P Lounge Thread Dec 17th, 2007
Anime=staying up late =lack of sleep =drunken stateTHEREFORE!!!! ANIME = DRUNK!!

#2 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well what are you planing to do? Dinner and some drinks. or good old fashion tomfoolery?
Not your typical anime junkie.
my MAL http://myanimelist.n...list/echoshadow

#3 BernardA

BernardA

Yakisoba

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3878 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

i'm down with a meet in SF.

I just hop on a ferry from Vallejo.

BernardA
Former Staff

#4 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

not to sure, just wanted to see what everyone wanted to do. dinner and drinks or just get together and see where our feet take us would work. it will be a bit before i can get time off work but i wanted to get ideas early. probably in novemberish i'll have some more free time. so that should give us plenty of time to decide if we have enough people and what we want to do.
Posted Image
AX BFC Member
Anime=staying up late =lack of sleep =drunken stateTHEREFORE!!!! ANIME = DRUNK!!

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Shabu Shabu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4351 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

More of a Norcal meetup than central.

Hopefully I'll be up there for Fanime 2013!

forumsignature-AX_zps9ee2816b.jpg
"Follow the people -- they will always take you to where you need to go."

#6 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

More of a Norcal meetup than central.

Hopefully I'll be up there for Fanime 2013!

I'll be there, been going for a few years now.

As for some ideas we could try going to a go-kart place. that would be fun.

#7 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'd go for something in the Bay Area.

Hmm...how about something like going to Dave & Busters? There's lots of video games, food and alcohol to keep everyone happy.

#8 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'd go for something in the Bay Area.

Hmm...how about something like going to Dave & Busters? There's lots of video games, food and alcohol to keep everyone happy.

Its a fun place, but it is packed on the weekends. And most of the "adults" ordering at the bar don't know how to or what to order. Last time I was there it took 1hour just to order a mixed drink, and this was at the bar!

#9 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

well if we did a san fran meet up, we could go to the wharf, theres a place like D&B at the end dont remember the name and they know how to make drinks at least.

i know of a good japanese resturaunt in monterey too.
Posted Image
AX BFC Member

#10 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Everywhere is going to be packed on the weekends. That's just a fact of life.

D&B isn't too bad if you go early, though. If you're there before 5p on a Saturday, it's usually not too packed, and you can take advantage of the Eat & Play combo that they have (meal + $10 or $20 in token credits for game play). These meal/game combos range in price from $15-$25. They serve a good variety of American food (steak, chicken...or just skip it and grab dessert). I've yet to have a bad meal there.

There's less people there on Sunday, especially early Sunday. Though, this time of year, Sunday is usually means football, so I don't think that that would be a popular idea for many (though the bar does show the games).

As for drinks, just tell them how you like it. I've never had a problem with them. And should you drink too much, at the Milpitas location, you can walk around the mall, grab an ice cream at Coldstone or watch a movie at the theater until you sober up.

Edited by Akage, 03 October 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#11 red_lotus_blossom

red_lotus_blossom

Bento

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9600 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I totally forgot that I'm old enough to drink now! I was about to be like "wah I can't go!" Hahah. So depending on the day/time/location you guys choose I might be able to come but I'll have to wait and see what my work schedules look like by then. I have 3 jobs so I'm kinda busy all the time -.-

RED Baka Ranger AWAYYYYY!!
redbakarf2.png

http://natalie-patalie.blogspot.com/

#12 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

ur crazy RLB i did 4 jobs once and it killed me. thankfully only 1 was full time the others were part time on my schedule otherwise i would have gone crazy. that only lasted bout 2 months before i quit two of the jobs.

anyways, sounds like D and B is a idea.
Posted Image
AX BFC Member

#13 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Just to point out, in case some of you reading this have never been to a Dave & Busters, the location is not a bar, nor do you have to be 21+ to enter. There is a bar (two bars, in the case of the Milpitas location), but for the most part, it's a family restaurant. It's not uncommon for people to come with small children, especially as there are many games in their entertainment portion of the establishment that are geared more towards children. Think of Chuck E. Cheese's, but largely for older teens and adults. The majority of the people at the restaurant are usually there celebrating birthdays.

So...if we go the Dave & Busters route, should we go to the one in Milpitas? There's another in Roseville (never been to that one), and it looks like the rest of the Cali D&Bs are in SoCal. I think the Milpitas locale might be ideal for those driving up from Santa Cruz. It's still far away, but a lot easier to get to than trying to get into SF.

For those that live in the City, we could organize a carpool by having people picked up/dropped off at the nearest BART station. This way, even those that don't have access to a car can attend.

Edited by Akage, 03 October 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#14 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Yeah the one in Milpitas is a hit or miss when it comes to crowds.

Also the eat and play combo is only vaild Monday through Thursday.

If we do plan on having a dinner there we can call in advance and get one of the party rooms.

#15 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I checked the D&B website, and it says that the Eat & Play combo is valid from Sun-Thurs from opening to close, and Friday & Saturday from opening until 5pm.

http://www.daveandbu.../EatNPlayCombo/

So, how does everyone else feel about a meet up at Dave & Busters Milpitas meet-up? This topic is starting to sound like an Akage meet-up -_-'

I'd be willing to give rides to a couple from the local BART station, if needed. It'll give me a good excuse to organize my car. :P

#16 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

Lol I'm down for a d&b meet up although like I said middle of nov is best for me. Next question is what day would be best Tuesday Friday I have to be at work. It other days I can get off what's everyone else's days they can go

Posted Image
AX BFC Member

#17 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Weekends for me. But if its later in November I'll have to see if I'm free or not.

Thanks for the info on the eat and play deal. If we do go we should go before 5 pm. I'm always down for saving a few dollars.

#18 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

How many people are interested in doing this? I was thinking Saturday, November 3, maybe around 4 or 5pm until...whatever at Dave & Busters in Milpitas.

I have work both days, but I could possibly stay for a couple hours.

Does November 3 work for those interested? I don't think there are any cons going on this particular weekend (PMX is the following weekend, though)

#19 Shinta

Shinta

Yakisoba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3522 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

I would say yea but its my sons birthday that weekend so that doesn't work for me what about the weekend after pmx?
Posted Image
AX BFC Member

#20 Akage

Akage

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Would November 20 or 27th work better?

Same time and location apply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users