• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#121 LilAtomicX10

LilAtomicX10

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm curious about the free event ticket. I was wondering if I can give my friend the ticket instead of me going. I ask this because I don't think I'll be able to attend any of the events so it would be a waste of a ticket i think. :)

#122 KimY

KimY

Kami-sama

• AX Staff Moderator*
  • 18995 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm curious about the free event ticket. I was wondering if I can give my friend the ticket instead of me going. I ask this because I don't think I'll be able to attend any of the events so it would be a waste of a ticket i think. :)

No, the free Main Event ticket that comes with the Premier Fan badge is not transferrable to another person, unfortunately. All Premier Fan badges get priority seating in the front seats for all of the Main Events, and badges and tickets (which must have matching names on them) will be checked at the door before entering into the Main Events Hall.

BishieClaim--DarkandKrad.gif

#123 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have a question that I may already have the answer to, but I'd like to ask anyways. This will be my first year as a premier fan badge holder, so I wanted to ask about our priority entry into panels. I know in previous years, I heard premier fans ask the staff "Where do we line up to get into the panels before everyone else?" and the answer I would hear is "We will call out for the premier fans a few minutes before the start of the seating for the panel." So assuming anything isn't different this year, that is my answer. However, I would like a bit of clarification regarding that: where exactly should we wait? I mean, lets say we get there 10 minutes before the start of the panel, the line will already be so long that if we just wait at the end of the line, we might be out of earshot and miss the call for the premier fans. I would assume we aren't supposed to just group up near the front of the line as it could block the flow of pedestrian traffic inside the convention center. Continuing my question: I know getting to go in before the general people is great and all, but what if I want to be one of the first ones even among the premier fan badge holders? Is there any way to get there early among the premier fans or is kind of just a crap shoot once they make the call for premier fans?

I hope I don't sound too spoiled here, I mean I know it will be awesome either way, but I'm the kind of person that I don't mind lining up an hour or two early to be the first or at least one of the first fans so I can get as close as possible to the guest of honor. Like, last year for Kalafina, I was the very first person to line up(though I didn't have a premier fan badge so at lot of people went ahead of me) In my mind an ideal situation would be to have a second line, parallel to the first(it would be much shorter obviously) that would be for premier fans. Anyways, if anyone could shed some light for me on how this works, I would appreciate it.

Edited by acidtreat101, 09 June 2012 - 09:42 AM.

My Anime List - 2013 will be my fourth year attending Anime Expo and second year as a premier pass holder!

#124 MechaboyDos

MechaboyDos

Mochi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Last year they would usually break the premier fans out into a separate line. Either that or just have them go to the front of the line and let them in first.

And if you want to be among the first even in the premier fan line, I suggest just getting there as early as possible and bugging staff until they start the lines for the event.

#125 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Last year they would usually break the premier fans out into a separate line. Either that or just have them go to the front of the line and let them in first.

And if you want to be among the first even in the premier fan line, I suggest just getting there as early as possible and bugging staff until they start the lines for the event.

That's probably what I will do for like Yuki Kajiura and LiSA.

My Anime List - 2013 will be my fourth year attending Anime Expo and second year as a premier pass holder!

#126 MechaboyDos

MechaboyDos

Mochi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

That's probably what I will do for like Yuki Kajiura and LiSA.

I'll probably see you there then! :D

#127 KimY

KimY

Kami-sama

• AX Staff Moderator*
  • 18995 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

I wouldn't recommend "getting there as early as possible and bugging AX Staff about the lines" for the Main Events--note that the seats are assigned, after all. There will be designated areas for the Main Events lines (which will be near the South Hall in the LACC), and people will be informed of them. While you are picking your badges on Day Zero, it may be a good idea to ask a staffer about where such lines will be...

Edited by KimY, 09 June 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#128 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

I dont think anyone was talking about the main events. Those are ticketed, like you said. I meant the panels, at least.

#129 MechaboyDos

MechaboyDos

Mochi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

I wouldn't recommend "getting there as early as possible and bugging AX Staff about the lines" for the Main Events--note that the seats are assigned, after all. There will be designated areas for the Main Events lines (which will be near the South Hall in the LACC), and people will be informed of them. While you are picking your badges on Day Zero, it may be a good idea to ask a staffer about where such lines will be...

Yeah, I meant panels, where you line up to get in and staff tells you where the Premier Fan line and the regular line are... It was my experience last year that I would show up for something 30-45 minutes early and they hadn't even started the Premier fan line yet, while regular attendees were already lined up all the way down the hall, so I would bug them about it. That's what I meant. Obviously I'm not going to bother a staffer for a ticketed event when it clearly says on the ticket what seat I'm in and it won't really matter where I am in line since that seat will be waiting for me regardless... I'm not dense.

Edited by MechaboyDos, 09 June 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#130 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Yeah that's the exact situation I was wondering about Mecha. Last year, like for Kalafina, I was in those long lines, well, in the front of them, specifically, because I started lining up like two hours early. Well, I'm planning on going to some panels that aren't high priority to me before I go to the ones I really want to go, so I can get an idea of how they are doing it this year. Your story helped though, so cool.

Edited by acidtreat101, 09 June 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#131 KimY

KimY

Kami-sama

• AX Staff Moderator*
  • 18995 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

Ah, I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for the clarification. ^-^d

At any rate, I would still print out your Main Event ticket as a back-up.

#132 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ah, I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for the clarification. ^-^d

At any rate, I would still print out your Main Event ticket as a back-up.

Definitely a good idea.

Edit: Arg double posts everytime suddenly!

Edited by acidtreat101, 10 June 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#133 SeraphHime

SeraphHime

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thank you very much!!

#134 jnova

jnova

Miso Soup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

When are they going on sale this yr? Last yr like an idiot I waited too long to get one so I'm gonna be on top of it for next yr.

#135 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

When are they going on sale this yr? Last yr like an idiot I waited too long to get one so I'm gonna be on top of it for next yr.

Well....I upgraded when I was reviewing my badge on Monday. It was full price but $169 but with I just had to pay the difference of my 4 day pass. I'm not sure if they are still for sale though...there might have been a few people that switch it for a normal 4 day badge or what not's but either way I jumped on it.
Not your typical anime junkie.
my MAL http://myanimelist.n...list/echoshadow

#136 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Probably going on sale a few days after the convention.

#137 serialstorm

serialstorm

Taiyaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Do you know they are planning to announce the winner with premier pass on AX Live?

Since they did not announce it tonight it HAS to be next week since that's the last AX live before the convention.
I do believe you killed my hat.

#138 xstrikefreedom

xstrikefreedom

Pocky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Since they did not announce it tonight it HAS to be next week since that's the last AX live before the convention.

Yea, I guess we have to wait for next week than lol

#139 echoshadow

echoshadow

Onigiri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Agh, well hopefull I can get an answer by Monday, if not I'll call the reg. info line, but here goes.

I upgraded to the Permier pass on Monday but I didn't get the email for the concert code yet. I have already bought my concert tickets a couple of days after they when online. So can I use my free ticket for one of the other main evens like the Lolitta Tea Party or Masqurade?
Not your typical anime junkie.
my MAL http://myanimelist.n...list/echoshadow

#140 acidtreat101

acidtreat101

Rice Cracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Agh, well hopefull I can get an answer by Monday, if not I'll call the reg. info line, but here goes.

I upgraded to the Permier pass on Monday but I didn't get the email for the concert code yet. I have already bought my concert tickets a couple of days after they when online. So can I use my free ticket for one of the other main evens like the Lolitta Tea Party or Masqurade?

The Tea Party is sold out, as far as I have heard so far, but they are considering and trying to add another tea party event. You ought to be able to use it on the masquerade. I didn't use my premier fan pass on either the two events I am going to: Kajiura/LiSA; I couldn't get it to work because I had no way of knowing that you could only use it if you selected a single ticket, but I emailed ticketing and they forwarded my issue to ticketleap and they were able to apply my premier fan code to one of the concerts. If you email ticketleap or AX main event ticketing, the might be able to apply the code to one of the concerts you already have tickets for, if that is what you would prefer.

Edited by acidtreat101, 15 June 2012 - 11:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users