DIMENSIONS FOR ALL WEAPONS:
1. Under 7 ft
2. Under 15 lbs (and I WILL be bringing a scale next time)
3. The ONLY place metal is allowed is in the handle (i.e. metal-handled lightsaber)
1. Any an all projectile weapons CANNOT have been capable of shooting ANYthing and ANYtime, no matter what the current condition. These include, but certainly not limited to: AIRSOFTS, pellet guns, bb guns, rubberband guns, NERF guns, etc...
- The ONLY exception to this is for emptied waterguns.
1. If the silhouette looks like a futuristic gun, then it's all right.
All realistic looking guns MUST follow the following criteria:
1. Cannot be a real gun
2. Must be PAINTED or TAPED (see FAQ for more details) approximately 50% of the following colors, either singlely or in some kind of pattern:
________b. bright red
________c. bright orange
________d. bright yellow
________e. bright green
________f. bright blue
________g. bright pink
________h. bright purple
________i. or transparent
3. By "realistic," I include the following: modern guns, antique guns, all-wood guns/rifles, steam-punky guns (depending on the color and amount of steam-punkery added), etc...
Examples of realisitc guns: Yoko Ritona's gun from Gurren Lagann.
Note: for those of you thinking "But..." or "It looks horrible" or "It doesn't go with my outfit," this is California Law (http://ag.ca.gov/fir.../dwcl/12551.php). There's also additional information thanks to BryantQ ( http://community.ani...89 )
For those of you saying "But they sell all black [insert gun] in the dealer's hall," the ones in the dealer's hall is for private use in a private setting. As long as you're on the convention center's grounds, either keep it in the box it came in, put it in bag check, in your car, or hotel.
And lastly, for those of saying "But [insert convention] doesn't have that kind of policy," we are not [insert convention] nor is [insert convention] us. Additionally, I would ask you to actually read the weapons policy of other conventions. You will see that we are more allow some things [insert convention] doesn't allow and vis versa.
1. All swords must be BLUNT (i.e. not sharp). In otherwords, if I can open a letter with it, it's too sharp.
2. NO LIVE STEEL. AT ALL. "Live steel" is any metal sharpened to the point where it can cut.
1. Must have a sheath.
________a. Sheath must have some kind of anchor (i.e. a hole) on both the sword and sheath that can allow for zipties to be tied from the sheath to the sword.
___________Example: Bleach character Urahara's sword Benihime: has no anchor on the sheath. Solution: Drill a hole (wide enough for a zip tie to pass through).
___________Example: Naruto Shippuden character Sasuke's sword: it has no anchor on the sheath AND sword. Unless you can find a way to drill holes in the sheath AND sword, just get the wooden one.
2. Swords cannot be taken out of sheath on convention grounds (except in some cases of Masquerade performers, etc...)
3. NO LIVE STEEL AT ALL!!
1. As long as it's not sharp, you're good to go.
NOTE: There is a reason I have "NO LIVE STEEL" down three times.
These also apply to things like kunai, shuriken, knives, or any other sharp object.
The only thing that is completely banned that are (metal) throwing knives, which are illegal in Los Angeles.
1. Cannot be metal
2. Must have safety colors
3. Preferably hollowed out (for items like dynamite sticks) and/or light
________a. Any and ALL bats cannot be made of metal or wood
2. Golf clubs
________a. Cannot be made of metal or wood - bring plastic ones
1. Non-sharp equipment (example: wooden spoons, frying pans, etc...)
________a. Cannot be made of metal
2. Sharp equipment (example: knives, graters, etc...)
________a. They are not allowed.
NON POWER TOOLS:
1. Cannot be made of metal (preferably, because we use tools during the convention and that would just seem hypocritical)
________a. If we get a whisper of a words that someone is using non-power tools in an irresponsible way (i.e. acting like a no0b) we can add them to the banned list.
________a. Cannot be a real boomerang
2. Bow and/or arrows:
________a. Cannot be a real bow and/or arrow
________b. Arrow must have a blunt tip
________c. Bow must be unstrung or have low-tensile thread, string, etc...
________a. If it's a medical cane: nothing is needed
________b. All other types of canes: it cannot be metal
________a. If the chain is metal, it must be 12 inches and under and no more than 1 inch thick.
________b. If the chain is not metal, under a reasonable length so that it doesn't pose a fire hazard or cause other people to trip (post questions about this)
________a. Cannot be metal
________a. Cannot be metal
THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET PEACEBONDED ANYWAY EVEN IF YOU DON'T NEED IT (technically) SO YOU DON'T GET STOPPED:
1. Giant fans
2. Sword umbrellas
3. Kitchen equipment (minus a few restrictions; see above)
4. Sports equipment (minus a few restrictions; see above)
5. Musical instruments
THINGS THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO GET PEACEBONDED
1. Musical instruments
2. Sports equipments that do are not included in the sports equipment section
1. Paddles (those used in corporal punishment): includes but certainly not limited to yaoi/yuri paddles
3. Any projectile weaponsa. Guns: only emptied waterguns are allowedb. Bows: cannot be strung or must use a low tensile-strength length ofsomething (like yarn)
4. Working weapons
5. Martial arts weapons used for martial arts purposes
a. This includes things like nunchucks, escrema sticks, etc...
6. Power tools
7. Signsa. signs with words (English, foreign, or otherwise) are banned includingbut not limited to solicitations (i.e. "Yaoi for $$$") or other general signs((i.e. "Rawr means I love you in dinosaur")
8. Costumes that may be confused with LOCAL law enforement or emergency personnel
9. Handcuffs when handcuffed to another person
11. All-metal keyblades b/c it has metal other than the handle and no sheath
(Will update as soon as school dies down)
Please do point out any grammatical/spelling errors or clarifications.
11/12/2010 - added #3 under "DIMENSIONS FOR ALL WEAPONS"; added specific examples for guns; banned weapons; added gun info thanks to BryantQ; added "INCENDIARY DEVICES"; added "BANNED WEAPONS"; added "THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET PEACEBONDED ANYWAY EVEN IF YOU DON'T NEED IT..."; added "OTHER WEAPONS/STUFF"; added "SPORTS EQUIPMENT"; added "KITCHEN EQUIPMENT"; added "NON POWER TOOLS"
11/17/2010 - added 1-inch width to metal chain restriction.
1/5/2010 - added all metal keyblades to list of banned/restricted weapons
1/9/2011 - added "THINGS THAT DON'T NEED TO BE PEACEBONDED"
6/11/2012 - included tape as a medium for meeting safety requirements on prop guns
Edited by HannahL, 11 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.